LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

21 February 2010

Who said what

"Tomorrow's illiterate will not be the man who can't read; he will be the man who has not learned how to learn."

Or, it is also sometimes quoted as

"The illiterate of the next century will be one who cannot learn, unlearn and re-learn"

This is a well known quote that is often used in presentations especially KM and Learning presentations. I have myself used it a lot and is often, if not always, attributed to Alvin Toffler. It is from his book Future Shock (1970).

But it is wrong to attribute it to Toffler. It is in fact, Psychologist Herbert Gerjuoy as quoted by Alvin Toffler in Future Shock.

So you can as I do, simply give the name of the book as the source or, continue to mis-attribute it :)

Eventually I guess it will be like the one I am told is (mis)attributed to Voltaire. "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

No comments:

Post a Comment