LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

20 March 2008

Hyacinths for Holi

Or, flowers for my friends.

I remembered the flower in the ponds and lakes I mentioned in my earlier post are hyacinths. Not the traditional one, but just as lovely in its delicate hues.

Hyacinth blues and lilac are not the traditional festive colours of India - though the flowers grow all over especially in cooler climes and with a little TLC. But today, this is my colour for the day.

I could not get some flowers or pictures of them, so instead I picked them lovely lines from Nan's blog who also has some truly beautiful pictures on her blog if you'd like to take a walk.

Hyacinths for the Soul;

If thou of fortune be bereft,
And in thy store there be but left,
Two loaves, sell one, and with the dole,
Buy Hyacinths to feed thy soul


~by Muslih-uddin Sadi, a Persian poet in Gulistan

Both the external links are to very beautiful sites, one of them is to the Colorado state extension office that gives out information on gardening. When we have one such for Mumbai Metropolitan office, please wake me up.

Happy Holi. May your life be filled with the colours of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment