LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

23 January 2008

Jab We Met

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field.
I'll meet you there.

(From: The poems of Rumi.)

What does the hit bollywood movie of 2007 have to do with poetry of Rumi. Nothing. (Maybe)

And Jab we (did not) met, would be more appropriate title for this post (never mind- the wrong use of language). Oh it does not matter. Ignore me. And this post.

But for those who may have landed here while googling for the movie title, there are some excellent posts on the movie here from idlidosa; from passion for cinema; and from dearcinema.com.

As for the rest of the poem of Rumi,

When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about. Ideas, language, even the phrase each other doesn't make any sense.'

Now, if I had a beautiful picture to add to this poem, it'd be perfect. Let me go see if I can find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment